Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Installing Polybase for SQL Server 2016 RC1

I've mention in my prior post about the problem of installation of Polybase: http://slavasql.blogspot.com/2015/11/sql-server-2016-ctp-installation.html

Now I decided to go to Oracle web site and download Java Driver.

After upgrading My SQL Server 2016 up to RC1 I went to "Add features to an existing installation" section and checked "PolyBase Query Service":

As expected, I've got the same error as with Community Review version:

Then I went to Oracle Java driver download page: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

I've reviewed Oracle License Agreement  (very recommend do the same before the download).

Then I've loaded two 64bit driver versions for Windows: jre-7u80-windows-x64.exe and jre-7u80-windows-x64.tar.gz.

If you are too picky (as me) and hate going to Oracle's web site you can download these files from my repository, but warn you, I can't guarantee that some hackers will replace them by infected copies:
Just in case will provide file sizes:
jre-7u80-windows-x64.exe - 31,239,592 bytes.
jre-7u80-windows-x64.tar.gz - 43,796,480 bytes.

Then I've started the installation:

Changed the driver installation folder:





And started installation:



After Installation was done,

I went back to SQL Server installation and clicked "Re-Run" checkup for "Feature Rules".
New screan immediately poped-up:

I clicked Next, and on the next screen changed PolyBase Engine Services to "manual" startup:

And finally, everything was successfully installed:

Now have to find the time to research and test the new feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment