Tuesday, March 19, 2013

BSSUG Meeting March 19, 2012

Meeting was super-busy with three sessions. Had to be super-fast.
Presented a small session: Rate your SQL Server skills from 1 to 10.

Here are list of gradation of SQL Server skill level:



0. What is an "Es Que El"? Is that the …. ?
1. I can do "SELECT 'Hello World'" !!!
2. Understand DB concept and will newer use Cursors
3. I can write merge with output and insert statements.
4. Now I know why users complain on my slow queries.
5. I’ve optimized code and improve performance of what
      I wrote five years ago.
       By the way I've got my SQL certification.
6. I’m still collecting best SQL practices and solutions.
7. 10 years ago I thought I know everything about SQL.
8. SQL Professionals. Write blogs, promote knowledge.
9. MS SQL MVP. Write books, promote knowledge.
10. MS Dev/PM/Tester/Analyst on SQL Server Project

 

Here is the final answer to the question "What is your SQL Server Skills rating is?":

42

3 + 7 + 5 + . . . + 1 + 8 + 4 = 42 !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment